Thursday 31 December 2009

At the moment...

my favourite 10 songs.

#10: You Can Do Better Than Me - Death Cab For Cutie
from the album 'Narrow Stairs'
Yet another song that makes me happy I bought my "I [heart] Ben Gibbard" badge. This man is a lyrical God, and this song is just gorgeous, and so clearly from the heart.

#9: Snowfall Kinda Love - Ingrid Michaelson
not sure on the album, I have it listed as 'Everybody'.
This song reminds me of Christmas (possibly because it was featured on this year's Bones Christmas episode.) I initially checked Ingrid out after seeing her name pop up on Jenny Owen Youngs' twitter page, and this song makes me glad I did.

#8: Against All Odds - The Postal Service
from the 'Wicker Park' soundtrack
A lot of people, and I mean a lot, don't like this cover. I, however, love it too much. The arrangement and Ben's muffled vocals is just brilliant.

#7: Don't Stop Believin' - Journey
from the album 'Escape'
Clearly one of the greatest songs of all time. There's not a lot more to say. Check out the version from 'Glee', too, because it's just brilliant.

#6: Hot Blooded - Foreigner
from the album 'Double Vision'
I'm back on this song! Everyone around me is so glad, I'm sure. It's just brilliant, and I love Foreigner way more than is healthy.

#5: You Know Me - Robbie Williams
from the album ' Reality Killed the Video Star'
I try really hard to not like Robbie Williams songs, but this one always seems to be on the radio when I'm in a taxi (yes, I'm lazy), and it got in my head so much that I had to download it. I'm glad I did.

#4: I Caught Myself - Paramore
from the 'Twilight' soundtrack
I didn't even know this song until I saw them live a few weeks ago, but I instantly fell for this one. It's just incredible, and Hayley Williams' voice makes me smile.

#3: Hell - Tegan & Sara
from the album 'Sainthood'
Tegan & Sara are back! The first single from the new album is awesome, with a typically T&S video. Incredible.

#2: Spitting Glass - Hearts Under Fire
not sure of EP.
I stumbled across these girls on myspace a week or so ago, and I just think they're awesome. I can't even describe them, and I refuse to, because you just need to listen to them! This song is my favourite of theirs at the moment.

#1: Keep On Tryin' - Poco
from the album 'The Ultimate Collection'
One of my favourite songs of all time, without a doubt. The song I like to start my day with, and the one I come back to every couple of weeks. Makes me smile. Simple as that.

that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment