Sunday 9 August 2009

A BRAND NEW BLOG!

It's been forever!

This week, I'm going to share with you, my 10 favourite songs of the week!

That makes it seem like they're all newly released songs, which I can promise you that they're not... necessarily.

#10 Stolen - Dashboard Confessional
I am completely in love with this song. I want to point out right now, that I am talking about the original version, not the version where they dueted with that girl (I can't remember her name). Love songs have much more meaning from one perspective, in my opinion. Adding in a 'I sing, you sing' routine adds nothing but cheesiness.
This song is full of so much feeling, and the music and lyrics are equally perfect. I absolutely love it!

#9 So Far We Are - The French Kicks
This one just has a really original sound, and the lead singer's voice is my new found love. I don't know if it possible to be in love with a voice, but I think I am. Somehow, when I listen to this song, I can just hear that these guys care about their music, and care about their lyrics, and that adds a whole new level to this song.

#8 Mr Brightside - Tommy Reilly

I absolutely love the original version of this song, but his version brought a new meaning, a new level and a new understanding for me. He actually brought Alex James to tears when he performed this, and I just think he's an genius.

#7 I Am Not A Robot - Marina And The Diamonds
The unplugged version if you can get it.

There are a lot of female artists around at the moment, and they all have a similar feel. I'm not going to tell you that Marina's really different, because honestly, she's not. I love this song though, and the unplugged is even better, because somehow it makes me actually listen to the lyrics, and appreciate them.

#6 Tiffany Blews - Fall Out Boy
I really tried to convince myself that I didn't like Fall Out Boy's new album. It worked too, until I heard this song, and I instantly thought it was awesome. When I really think about it, I can't pinpoint why I love it. Maybe it's the slightly odd lyrics, maybe it's the typically Fall Out Boy music, or maybe it's because I have a unhealthy love for Patrick Stump. All I know is that I love it, and it has some brilliant lines!

#5 Nowhere With You - Joel Plaskett

Where do I even start with this song? I've loved it for so long now that I can't even remember how I discovered it. Oh wait... I just did. Ah well. Basically, I think this song and I think it's really cute! There's not a lot more to say to that!

#4 I'm Still Breathing - Katy Perry
I had so much difficulty picking a Katy Perry song! I love them all, literally. This one I like because it's very different to everything else on her album, it's slow, and kind of sad, and packs so much emotion! I think this song may have literally saved my life last year, no matter how pathetic or "emo" that makes me sound.

#3 Hot Mess - Cobra Starship
It's no secret that I would happily marry any member of Cobra Starship in a second, if they were to ask me. I doubt it would happen, but keep your fingers crossed for me! I couldn't decide which song to pick because they're all so fucking brilliant, but I picked this one because it makes me smile a whole lot. It's the title track off the new album (which is coming very soon!) and I absolutely love everything about it.

#2 In The Snow - Shirley Manson
I've been listening to this non-stop since she posted it on her facebook page a few months ago. It's just a writing demo, but it's exactly what I was hoping I would get from her solo stuff. If you don't know, Shirley's the lead singer of Garbage, who just happen to be my favourite band ever, and when they went on hiatus, Shirley worked on this demo with her friend. The lyrics and music don't seem like they should fit, and a lot of people have complained about that, but honestly, I love every little thing about this song.

#1 I Gotta Feeling - Black Eyed Peas

This wont surprise anyone who's spent time with me in the past week or two. I am absolutely obsessed with this song. It was on twice at a party I went to on Friday, and the first time I gasped, and the second, I very loudly shouted every word. It's repetitive and ridiculous, yes, but absolutely awesome. Plus, I can't even talk about how I feel about Will.i.am, I have actual emotional problems when it comes to how much I love that man!

So there you go, the songs I'm listening to a lot this week. No doubt they'll be the same next week, only with a few more thrown in.
Next week's blog will be better than this one, I promise. At least, I half promise.

Extra recommendations: Holly Miranda, Jenny Owen Youngs & Ida Maria

2 comments:

  1. Ones I have heard off I gotta agree Miss Grundy , the others I shall be looking up for my own collection :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Favorite song on this list? Gotta be Marina and the Diamonds. Love.
    Also, Tommy Reilly is an absolute ledge.

    ReplyDelete