Monday 31 August 2009

Listen! To Me. To These, and To Each Other

Don't question the blog title please, I've had four cans of red bull in the last ten minutes. This is not an exaggeration.

I've decided to do another one of these "ten songs I like". Because, well, quite frankly, because I want to.

#10: Starstrukk (ft. Katy Perry) - 3OH!3
from the album: yet to be released

I love this song. It's fun and jumpy and a bit flirty, and exactly what you'd expect from 3OH!3 Plus, Katy Perry's vocals are incredible, and made me smile! After seeing these guys live in February, I'm seriously loving them!

#9: Lose You: Pete Yorn
from the album: musicforthemorningafter

I heard this song played in an episode of 'House' and thought it was just beautiful. It's powerful and emotional, and I guess it will always have that with me, because of the association of the incredibly sad scene it went hand in hand with. This song has a simple quality to it, that I love!

#8: Check Yes Juliet: We The Kings
from the album: We The Kings

A friend of mine sent me this song a few days ago, and I absolutely love it! I can't really explain why, it just has a really good sound, and everything flows, and fits perfectly! I'd also suggest you listen to the Hey Monday cover, which is also brilliant.

#7: We Are Broken - Paramore
from the album: Riot!

I'm going to say right here, that I've said in the past that I don't like Paramore, and have recently realised just how wrong I was. Hayley Williams has an incredible voice, and this song is just beautiful, and Hayley really shines on it.

#6: Edge Of Seventeen - Stevie Nicks
from the album: Bella Donna

I love everything about this song. I love the opening riff, I love Stevie Nicks' voice, and I love what it represents! I also love the story behind the title (it's all accent related, google it!) I also love that it reminds me of one of my favourite scenes in School of Rock!

#5: First Train Home - Imogen Heap
from the album: Ellipse

I actually want to recommend this entire album, because it's completely incredible! I've been waiting for Ellipse for a while, and was not disappointed! I'd have to say this is my favourite song from the album, at the moment! I like all the different sections, and I just love Imogen's voice!

#4: Candles - Hey Monday
from the album: Hold On Tight

Hey Monday have very quickly become one of my favourite bands, to the extent of buying tickets to see them only a week after first hearing them. Cassadee has such an incredible voice, and that's so clear on this song! I'd also suggest you find her acoustic version on Youtube!

#3: Cup of Coffee - Katy Perry
from the album: unreleased

This is one of the Katy Perry songs I have that is not on her 'One Of The Boys' album, or on any album, but is incredible. I absolutely love song, and the way the lyrics and music are completely opposite, yet they gel. I love the story the song tells, and just... everything about it!

#2: Dance With Me - Uh Huh Her
from the album: Common Reaction

Uh Huh Her's album is finally out in the UK, people! Of course, I've had it for a year, but it's finally out! So I'm putting this song on my list to celebrate! This is my favourite song from the album. I love the lyrics, and that they make much more sense on your second listen. I love Camila's voice, and I love how much they love what they do!

#1: Run Baby Run - Garbage
from the album: Bleed Like Me

I genuinely sat here for ten minutes trying to think of which Garbage song to suggest this week! If I could be bothered, I would tell you why I love each and every one of the 98 Garbage songs I have on my iTunes. (Not to mention solo Shirley!) I eventually went with this one, because I absolutely love everything about it. The vocals are perfect, the music is perfect, the lyrics are perfect, and the video is one of their best (Google Sophie Muller, she's a genius.) So listen to it, watch the video, and love it!


Until the next time, be safe, be cool, listen to good music, and if you have any recommendations for me, let me know!

2 comments:

  1. We The Kings are awesome, will have to listien to the hey mondays cover

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stevie Nicks = win.
    And of course, UHH :D <3

    ReplyDelete