Saturday 19 December 2009

It's the most.... wonderful? time of the year.

Howdy!

So... you may well be aware that it's almost Christmas.
It would seem I was not aware of this. At least, that's my excuse for not having bought any gifts yet.

I'm here to recommend Christmas films. There's a grand total of FIVE decent holiday films, in my opinion, so I'd like to share them with you.

#1 - Elf.
Elf is perfect. It's funny, it's sweet, and it has Zooey Deschanel.
Plus, it actually has an awesome message about Christmas spirit, without getting too serious, which I appreciate.

#2 - Bad Santa.
Bad Santa makes me smile like a lunatic. It makes me laugh, far too much, and it has incredibly awkward sex scenes with a girl with a Santa fetish. The fact that the girl is Lauren Graham, makes it that little bit funnier. Not your typical Christmas film, but I love it.

#3 - Love, Actually
If you've seen it, you know why. If you haven't, you should.

#4 - The Grinch
Just, one of the most brilliant Christmas films around.

#5 - Secret Santa
Possibly the stupidest movie on this list, and definitely the one you're least likely to have heard of. However, it has a sweet story and your typical happy ending that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Plus, Jennie Garth.



Also, I just had a realisation about a blog I posted back in September. I wrote about the best fictional couples I could think of (here) and I just realised that I missed one of my all-time favourite TV couples. Needless to say, I am disgusted with myself.
The couple I am referring to?
Lorelai Gilmore & Luke Danes. One of the cutest couple I can think of, and in one of my favourite TV shows ever, Gilmore girls! Like I said, disgusted with myself.




xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment